Friday, October 23, 2009

Off The Beaten Path

In my attempt to re-discover Seattle, I googled a bunch of places that are "off the beaten path" around town. Ironically, half of the ones that I already discovered were mentioned absolutely nowhere, making me feel extra special for knowing about them. But some others looked quite enticing, so I drew up a mental map of all the spots I'll visit and explore after work. Instead, I stayed home and watched a movie. I could assign that to general laziness or being tired. But I think the secret lies in the fact that my place is exactly like one of those little-known spots around town that you just hang on to and keep visiting because they are so gorgeous.

In my city explorations I mostly seek out places with views and beautiful sunsets. Or the ones that bring out the calm and serenity in me. My apartment does both -- only in addition to everything else it's heated. The view from my windows hardly could be beat by any other place. Sitting on top of a hill and facing west, the sunsets that the house shows are astounding. And the setting around my street in the fall is nothing less than fairy-tale like. In addition, my place offers a cozy blanket, warm tea and great food. No wonder I don't want to go exploring after coming home after work!

The kinds of places I love:


The way from the bus to my house:


The sunset out of my window:

What's not to love?! :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment