Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I'm BACK!

After a weeks' worth of silence, I'm finally back! This long absence is due to my stupid habit of procrastination -- don't get me wrong, not procrastination to write on here. This blog is probably the highlight of my day every time I steal a minute to write. What I was procrastinating on is a project at work. But I made the mistake of promising myself that I won't write on any personal sites until I'm done with that project. Well, today I finally get my long awaited reward!

I always thought that if I begin posting, most of it is going to be on fashion. But it's been two months and a fashion post is amiss. Maybe it's because "Fashion in Seattle" is still a paradox, despite the dedicated efforts of the three design schools in the city and a small chapter of Fashion Group International. Yes, fashionable specimens can still be sighted on the streets of this energetic city. But they are few and far between. And usually not from Seattle.

But I get carried away. This is supposed to be yet another rant about something that is not going right in my life. Namely, it's been two years since I've started trying to find a basic tan (but I'll settle for brown) trenchish jacket, all in vain. I have an extreme necessity for it, especially during times of travel (my departure date is this Sunday.) What I'm looking for is so simple, that nobody makes it! It has to work both with dresses and jeans, so it can't be too long. It has to be made out of a material that's rain proof. And it has to fit.

So far I've found the stores in Seattle to carry the following:

#1.
My perfect coat in numerous colors other than tan or brown. You'd think that the merchandisers would have enough common sense to get a coat in grey, green, AND tan. But no. We've got yellow, red, purple, turquoise, indescribable... just no tan or brown.

#2.
A tan coat that's structured to fit a person with no curves in the chest area, but a large curve in the abdominal area. And no, I was not in the maternity section. Along the same lines, I've found many coats constructed to fit a board. So far the luck has been that if it fits in the waist I can't zip it up, but if it fits in the chest, I look like I'm about to give birth (NOT the case!). Similarly, I've found many coats for people whose hands apparently end at their upper hips. And once again... no, I was not trying coats on in the petite section

#3.
A tan coat that fits perfectly. And is made out of suede. (Seriously? in SEATTLE?)

#4. A tan coat that fits perfectly and is made out of rain-proof material. But is either a little long, (as in hits midway between hip and knee) or a little short (as in ends right below your chest.)

So here's a free business idea for all aspiring and established designers. Get some common sense and make a simple, versatile, tan, water-proof, normal length half-trench that fits! You'll be a millionaire!

http://www.imeem.com/sinna/music/zfrHMi6H/tony-dize-quizas-salsa-version/

No comments:

Post a Comment