Tuesday, June 16, 2009

New Life, New City

Alright, so maybe this post comes a wee bit late... (about a year). But only half of my life is in Seattle right now. So while plans to relocate are contemplated, pre-meditated and put into action, I'll be sharing my thoughts and experiences -- past and present. A person is qualified for "Klueless" if they're not living in a city, right?



The half of my life that already IS in Seattle is work. I am currently employed by a rather prestigious organization that pertains to neither my major or passion. But hey, I'm EMPLOYED! Straight out of college and in this economy! This could, of course, be just an excuse for being a lazy bum and not pursuing any career I'd actually enjoy. I could also blame mentality instilled since childhood -- work is not supposed to be enjoyable. It's supposed to make money. Maybe I'm not brave enough to challenge that thinking yet. But the day will come. Trust you me!



I've been commuting from about an hour away for the last 12 months. By this time it's gotten old, especially since I've taken up several purely Seattle based activities. Between Salsa, Mars Hill church, walks on Alki and several friends residing in 981?? there is barely a day that I'm NOT in Seattle. I've been slowly exploring the city, with some exciting new finds and revelations -- but I don't feel like I can make Seattle truly my own until I move. Which will happen in September. Until then -- bear with me and my pearls of wisdom about completely miscellaneous events and interests.



I was considering starting 5 different blogs but quickly changed my mind. So if you are interested in books, fashion, music, salsa, theology, economy, snowboarding, apartment hunting, money saving, negotiating deals, and embarrassing moments, all at the same time, go ahead and add this to your favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment