Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Procrastination

It seems that I have CONTINUOUS writers' block when it comes to deadlines and HAVING to write. All I have to do right now is write a couple little paragraphs for a website. I also have all the information in the world that I'd need for that, so there's no research required. It will probably take me oh... i don't know... maybe a minute to throw something together. But NO! I sit and stare at the email with all the information, as if expecting a vision which would have the paragraph conveniently written out for me to copy, to formulate in there.

And is it all worth the stress I'm creating for myself? Probably not. But I'm pained by the fact that I promised to finish it in the afternoon. And although I have a very good excuse -- our webcasting department at work went a bit insane today -- I still don't like to promise things and not get them done. And yet I go on my OWN blog and write words and words worth of grumbling about my annoying procrastination habit instead of taking only a few moments to do what I promised I'll do. What is wrong with me?! I really feel like I have some childhood issues to work through with this.

Alright. I have no other means of procrastinating anymore. I've responded to everyone on Facebook, wrote on my blog, called my grandma and two of my aunts, and texted about a dozen of my friends. So I officially declare that I will now be writing what I'm supposed to be writing. Not like it would help, since I've announced many a time on facebook that I'll get work done and have accomplished close to nothing on those days... It's reverse psychology. Maybe I should study psychology. That way I can understand my procrastination problem and fix it! That's an idea! Alright. I'm off to study psychology :)

No comments:

Post a Comment