Friday, July 3, 2009

No Place Like Home

I was born in a thriving, full of life and entertainment, European city, and since moving to United States have always aspired to go back to the urban lifestyle. So starting work in Seattle was like a dream come true. I was embarrassed to admit it at the time, but after graduating college my only "career aspiration" was to work in a high-rise in downtown of a large city on a higher floor than 6 and to wear cute office clothes to work. Well, I guess I have successfully achieved my professional goals :) I work in downtown Seattle, on eleventh floor. Luckily for me, our dress code is "business casual," which allows me to go as dressy as I want. It's also lucky because after only a few weeks on the job I realized that dressing professionally every day is about as much fun as cooking three course meals every day. Three times a day. For a family of twelve. It takes a lot of effort (and a lot of clothes!). I also realized that I should've dreamed bigger and wished for a workspace by a window. Right now I am effectively plopped in a cubicle in the middle of a large room. My view is grey cubicle covering in three directions (ok I'm lying just a little bit. I wallpapered the walls with colored paper. But they were originally grey!) and a professionally painted wall. A color that slightly resembles burgundy and brown, but is not quite either one... Basically I might as well work in a middle of a corn field in Montana. It wouldn't make a difference. Dreams really do come true!

So the reason this post is titled "No Place Like Home" is because I was going to write about how much I love it at home when I go back over the weekend and how much of a country girl I am at heart at the same time as being an urbanite. But it looks like I veered off the topic and have written enough for the day, so maybe I will dwell on my homey habits tomorrow instead. I don't feel like changing the title though. So I won't. :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment